Gateway into Reading Procedure and Costs
Gateway into Reading Cost & Procedure
We are so excited about your interest in Gateway into Reading. We believe this is a tool God has given us to reach lives with the love of Jesus.
The heart of the Neema Foundation is to bring hope through education to the underprivileged. The Gateway into Reading programme is therefore available at either a discounted or a full price. The discounted price is valid for anyone using it to help those who, because of their financial situation, are unable to get the assistance they require. Anyone buying Gateway into Reading at this reduced price will be required to sign a contract committing themselves to:
- Having the programme headed up by a professionally trained, Gateway into Reading accredited teacher. Accreditation is received on completing our training The cost of training is R175.
- At least 75% of your learners being unable to afford the lessons.
- Completing an annual report form.
- Using the Gateway into Reading material only within a 50km radius of your designated site.
- No more than 100 online learners.
The programme will be provided after your training and on receipt of your payment and signed contract.
The copyright will entitle you to make as many copies as you require for your own learners.
For those delegates who have had little or no experience in the teachings of English phonics, we offer a phonics training course the day before the Gateway into Reading training. The cost for this is R90.
- Gateway into Reading Books 1-14 form the starter pack bought by everyone using our material, but in response to the demand for teaching reading in English, we have supplemented our programme with the following additional material:
- Large Groups Book A & B Enlarged replacement pages for group or classroom teaching.
- Gateway into Reading alphabet flashcards A4 & A6, South African friendly, simple and economical.
- Audio lessons which are recordings of how to teach each lesson and are especially useful for second language teachers or overseas volunteers with different accents.
- Grade R material (25 lessons to prepare little ones for Gateway into Reading vocabulary)
- Large groups Books C-I. Enlarged booklets for Foundation Steps. (for class teaching with limited resources)
- Less Illustrated phonics units replacing books 10, 11, 12 & 13 (for learners with a proficient English vocabulary).
- Comprehension wall charts (set of 12) to encourage the development of basic comprehension skills.
|1||Gateway into Reading
|R2 145||R4 675|
|2||Enlarged material – A & B
(group / classroom teaching)
|3||Large groups Book C-I / Enlarged booklets for Foundation steps 1-7 (for class teaching with limited resources)||R385||R1 155|
|4||Gateway into Reading alphabet flash cards A4 & A6||R66||R198|
|6||Grade R Material||R200||R400|
|7||Audio Grade R material||R20||R60|
|8||Less Illustrated Phonics – Book 10, 11, 12, 13 (for learners with proficient English vocabulary)||R220||R660|
|9||Comprehension wall charts (set of 12) black and white||R20||R60|
Our material comes as a PDF on a flashstick. Hard copies are available only for organizations with no printing facility. These copies are sold at an additional 50% of the above prices.